Consumer Cases
know more about our legal firm
    Arora & Arora Associates established in the year 1990,we are professionally managed legal consultancy firms, engaged in resolution of several legal issues. Our most efficient...
  • click for more information

contact us
contact us for expert legal advice
    Arora & Arora Associates
    Chamber No. B-145, Near Gate No. 3
    Bawa Gurcharan Singh Block
    Tis Hazari Court, Delhi-110054
    Chamber Phone No. 011-23952557
  • click for meeting schedule

Legal Lawyer in DELHI NCR for
Marriage under the special Marriage Act -1954

1. Marriage under the special Marriage Act -1954
Documents required for Court marriage under Special Marriage Act:-
  1. Application form / Notice duly filled and signed by the bride and the groom.
  2. Documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties (Matriculation Certificate/ Passport/ Birth Certificate).
  3. Documentary evidence regarding stay in Delhi of one of the parties for more than 30 days (ration card or report from the concerned SHO, Police Station).
  4. Separate affidavits from bride and groom giving:
    1. Date of birth.
    2. Present marital status: unmarried/widower/ divorcee.
    3. Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the degree of prohibited relationship defined in the Special Marriage Act (See at end to know the meaning of prohibited relationship).
    4. Citizenship
    5. Parties intent to marry with each others
  5. Passport size photographs of both parties (3 copies each) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
  6. Copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorcee and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
  7. In case of a foreign national, a no objection certificate from the concerned Embassy regarding his / her present status.
  8. Some countries insist for proof of proceeding of civil marriage & marriageablity certificate of Indian fiancee before granting visa to a foreign national to visit / stay in India for marriage.
  9. Foreign national who intent to stay in India for long time after marriage should know before marriage about grant of citizenship of India and about profession / tax liability.
For solemnization of marriage (Court marriage), presence of both parties is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage. A copy of the notice is pasted on the office notice board by the Marriage Officer. Any person may within 30 days of issue of notice, file objection to the intended marriages. In such a case, the Marriage Officer shall not solemnise the marriage (between 9.30 to 1 pm) until he has decided the objection, within 30 days of its receipt. If the Marriage Officer refuses to solemnise the marriage, any of the parties may file an appeal within 30 days to the District Court. In case no objection is received, the Marriage Officer solemnises the marriage after 30 days of the notice. Both parties along with 3 witnesses are required to be present on the date of solemnisation of marriage. It is advisable to submit names of witnesses at least one day in advance, one of them be a lawyer.

Website: Designed Developed & SEO by ITE Solutions